Thursday, June 9, 2011

Welcome to the Terrordome

Stevie Wonder - Look Around by DCJonesy

More specifically, welcome to my new blog. This has been in the works for a long time, so it feels good to finally get this off the ground and moving. I'm still in the process of tinkering with the site design, so the color scheme and general layout are subject to change. I just didn't want to wait any longer to put pen to paper (perhaps "fingers to keyboard" would be technically correct).

So what should you expect to see here? That's a good question, actually.

One of my main reservations about starting my own sports blog was determining what niche I would try to carve into such a broad blogging landscape. DC-themed sports blog from the fan's perspective? It's been done before, and way better than I could do it. What about a hard-hitting, topical blog focusing on the real issues, both on and off the field? I'm not nearly as qualified as someone like Dave Zirin, who does it better than anyone out there (and who I stole the name of this very post from). Comedic/snarky blog delving into sports' seedy underbelly? That's Deadspin territory, and I love their blog but it's not what I'm mainly interested in writing about.

So I'm basically going to make it up as I go along. The important thing was just to start writing about something. Hopefully, over time my writing will become a bit sharper, my thoughts a little more coherent. In the meantime, I'm going to pretty much just start rambling about whatever topic I see fit. I'm glad to get this going while the NBA and NHL finals are still going on, and I also hope this makes me pay closer attention to the ongoing NFL lockout as I start writing on that subject as well.

Lastly, if you're wondering about the Stevie Wonder song at the top of the post, it may offer some clues towards the name of the blog. I look forward to sharing my thoughts here in this space and I hope that all four of you reading this gain something, if anything, from what I have to say.

3 comments:

  1. Good to see you're giving me another way to procrastinate during work. Thanks, Jonesy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally got a chance to start reading. Proud of you for getting this off the ground. I look forward to reading!

    ReplyDelete